Walnut Hemp Burger
There are several great RAW Vegan, or Veggie Burgers out there. Homemade are always my favorite, especially when they're made from whole foods, and RAW. The burger below goes really well on Raw Zucchini Bread, but can also be eaten on a healthy Whole Wheat (Try to limit) or Sprouted Grain Bread.
Recipe makes two large patties, or four smaller patties. These guys are filling enough to eat a smaller patty.
- 1 Cup Walnuts (Soaked)
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 2 Tbsp hemp oil, coconut oil, or HFP Oil Blend (See Below)
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Oregeno
- Sea Salt to taste.
Put all ingredients into a Blender or food processor, and process until well blended. Form into either two large patties, or four smaller patties. (They'll feel oily, which is normal).
You can prepare them 3 ways;
- RAW - Just eat them raw, or on Raw Zucchini Bread. - This is the best way.
- Bake - Bake at 300°F for 35 minutes
- Fry - Fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, each side. Flipping once. (You want them to be golden brown, not burnt)
When I eat these, I typically eat either raw or lightly browned on a frying pan. I always eat them on Raw Zucchini Bread.
For condiments, I slice onions and tomatoes really thin. I also grow my own alfalfa sprouts, and make a "Mozerella" cheese for my homemade RAW Pizza. So here's what my burger looks like;
Bread, Burger, onions, tomatoes, sprouts. "Mozerella" Cheese on the top bread, then close. Heaven!
HFP Oil Blend
HFP Oil Blend:8 Parts Hemp Oil, 1 Part Flaxseed Oil, 1 Part Pumpkin Seed Oil.