Toasted Apple Cinnamon Cereal
Here's a cereal that's filling, and nutrient dense. It's also extremely easy to make, and works well as a smoothie additive. Technically it's not RAW, though it's cooked at a low temp for only an hour. I don't see any reason why you couldn't alternatively put in your dehydrator. Regardless, this is a tried and true recipe baked.
Recipe makes about 4-5 servings. (Perfect for a week's worth of breakfast)
- 1/2 Diced Apple. (Juice the other half)
- 1 Cup Sprouted\Soaked Quinoa (Alternatively you can use Oats, which will also add Gluten.)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed (Freshly ground, of course)
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Protein
- 1/2 Cup Unhulled Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Stevia Leaf
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup hemp oil or HFP Oil Blend (See Below)
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tbsp Apple Juice
Preheat Oven to 250°F
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (Everything but the last three ingredients).
- Place Oil, Molasses, and Apple Juice in a small blender and blend until well mixed.
- Now combine the dry and liquid ingredients together, until well mixed.
- Lightly oil a baking tray with coconut oil, and spread the mix evenly.
- Bake for 1 Hour, let cool, and then crumble into a zip lock bag or container. Store in fridge.
You can add this mix to your favorite smoothie, eat as a trail mix, or eat as regular cereal for breakfast. My favorite way of eating this cereal is;
- Dehydrate some apples & Bananas (Big Batch of them)
- Get up in the morning, get a cup of cereal.
- Cut some of the apples\bananas into small peices and add to your cereal
- Top with Hemp Milk, or Almond Milk
My favorite for this cereal is Hemp Milk
HFP Oil Blend
HFP Oil Blend:8 Parts Hemp Oil, 1 Part Flaxseed Oil, 1 Part Pumpkin Seed Oil.