RAW Pizza Crust
I have several RAW pizza crust recipes. This is one I make most often as it's easy, and delicious! The main ingredient is sprouted Kamut (Ancient Wheat), which can be found at most Whole Foods, or ordered online through various sources to include Amazon.
Makes 8 servings or 1 Large Pizza Crust
- 2 1/2 Cups sprouted Kamut (See Sprouting Notes Below)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Filtered Water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups ground flaxseeds (I use golden flaxseed for their color)
Preparing the Dough
- Start by adding the Sprouted Kamut, Salt, and water into a food processor. Process until it's liquid.
- Add water and Oil, and keep processing until everything is well processed.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, and add flaxseeds and start combining with hands kneading it.
Note: The longer the mixture is kneaded, the more moisture the flaxseeds absorb, and the thicker the mixture becomes. (Your hands will be nice and messy)
Dehydrating the Dough
- Next, take a non-stick dehydrator sheet and pour a little olive oil on it, and spread it out with a rolling pin.
- Place mixture in center, and start spreading out into a pizza shape. Curl up the edges. (Might need to wet hands a few times to keep from sticking to mixture)
- Place in Dehydrator set at 110° for 2 hours, then remove and flip so bottom is up.
- Dehydrate 2 more hours.
Now you're ready to assemble your RAW Pizza. If you're saving for later, wrap in saran wrap and store in fridge. Should keep about 3-4 days.