RAW Cinnamon Buns
This recipe is simply delicious. I can't decide if this tastes more like a Cinnamon Bun, or a Carrot Cake. Considering how long it takes for most RAW Recipes, this one is quick to make.
Note: This is a RAW recipe, so you'll need a dehydrator (Like the Excalibur, so you can regulate temperatures.) It's possible to prepare this in an oven on the lowest setting, and prop the oven door open with a block of wood.
This recipe make 12 servings.
- 5 Dates (Soaked either over night, or minimum 2 hours)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Flax Seeds (Grounded)
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Almond Flour (Available at many stores, or make your own)
- 1 Cup Spelt Flakes (I personally use Quinoa Flakes)
- 1 Cup Pecans (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1 Cup Water
- After soaking the dates. Blend with 1/4 Cup water, and set aside.
- Combine Flax, Almond Flour, Chopped Pecans, and Spelt/Quinoa Flakes in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine Date Paste, Olive Oil, Agave, and 1 Cup Water
- Mix wet ingredients into dry using a wooden spoon to mix well. (This will quickly form a dough)
- Spread the mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet (Or nonstick pan if you're using an oven). Form the mixture into a rectangle that's a little less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 30 minutes, then flip over onto a dehydrator screen and dehydrate for another 20 minutes. (Remove when done. If using an oven, you'll have to do this carefully. With dehydrator, this is a simple task.)
- 1 Young Thai Coconut (Flesh Only)
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 Raw Almonds (Soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Place all ingredients (Except Raisins) in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Empty into a bowl, and stir in raisins.
- 1 1/2 Cups Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar (or Raw honey, which I prefer.)
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small container, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place the "Bun" on Parchment paper.
- Spread all of the filling over the top. (Either cover to all edges, or alternately; Spread to edges on long ends, leave 1-2 inches on the short ends for rolling)
- Carefully roll short end to short end. (Making a Log)
- Slice the log into 12 Servings Sizes.
- When ready to serve, cover with the Icing.