Cream of Miso
Cream of Mushroom was always one of my favorite soups growing up as a kid. And well into adulthood. Then I woke up and saw what processed, nutrient void foods were doing to my body and health. When I came across this RAW recipe for Cream of Mushroom, it instantly became one of my favorites. It's every bit as good as what I grew up with (Better actually), and I can make it in roughly 30 minutes.
Makes about 4-6 servings, and will keep about 4-5 days in the fridge.
- 6 cups: Filtered Water (Not tap)
- 1/4 cup: White Miso
- 1 cup: Pine Nuts
- 2 cups: Baby Bellas
- 1/4 cup: RAW Cashews (Pre-Soaked for 2 hours. Or soaked, then dehydrated.)
- 1 Tbsp: Agave
- 1 Tbsp: Dulse (Sea Vegetable)
- Sea-Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup: Shiitakes
- 1 Tbsp: Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp: Tamari (Or Nama Shoyu, or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
- 1 Tbsp: Lemon Juice
Combine all of the Shiitake ingredients above, and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
Note: I usually get this going first. By the time I get all the ingredients out for the Soup base, and blended, they're ready.
Blend everything in a blender until smooth. Then mix with the Shiitake mixture and serve.
Serve cold, or warm in a dehydrator (No greater than 115°F). You can also warm on stove at a low temperature.
- Sometimes the lemon in the Shiitake marinade absorbs into the Shiitake, giving it a potent lemon taste. You can try adding that last, after mixing everything together. Typically, over night all the flavors meld.