Chocolate Mousse 2
I make two versions of Chocolate Mousse using avocados. Both are delicious, this one is my least favorite as it uses maple syrup and taste more like fudge. Which is perfect for fondue like dishes. I.e. I eat fresh strawberries dipped in it. Banana Chips are also good. Though this makes a good pre-workout snack.
Makes about 4-8 servings depending on the size. Will keep 3-4 days in fridge. (2 Weeks in Freezer)
- 2-3 Large Avocados, or more as needed
- 3/4 Cup Cacao Powder or Carob Powder
- 1/2 Cup Medjool Dates, soaked (Easier to blend). Make sure they're pitted
- 1/2 Cup Grade B Maple Syrup (If you're going to use, might as well be healthy about it. Can also use 3/4 cup Agave Nectar instead)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Water
Real simple. Add everything to a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth like pudding. Add more avocados if too thick, or water.
- Though I never tried, I bet you could add some pea protein or hemp protein. Would make a great pre or post-workout snack. Good balance of nutrient dense carbs, fats, and proteins.
- You can also add to popsicle tray, and make fudgesicles.